We're into November, so this note should come as no surprise...it is the annual request for you to please buy tickets &/or donate prizes for our biggest annual fund-raiser, the BERFC Christmas Raffle, the draw for which will be made, as usual, after the Annual Minis Christmas Party on Sunday 17 December.
The Club target this year is to reach the £4,000 mark for the first time and I am asking everyone to play a part please.
Brenda Heesom and I are sourcing donations and once again have some very good prizes on offer already. Thank you to those who have already contributed. We need more though please and this is where I am asking for your help. Based on previous years’ experience, examples might include:
• Vouchers from a Business you own &/or work for (beauty, supermarket, restaurant, etc)
• Tickets for a sporting event or voucher to use another sports club
• Bottles, toys or other gifts
• Offerings from a local business where you have a good Contact (please check with me first that Brenda or I have not already contacted them to avoid us duplicating requests and upsetting anyone.)
Ideally, we will have a range of prizes with something appealing to every Club Member, so be creative!
This year you will see that each ticket is priced at £2. In response to feedback received, this halves the amount of paper used and the number of counterfoils to be completed.
There are many ways to buy your raffle tickets:
1) I have distributed a book of 10 tickets for each player via the Coaches, so all you need to do is to return the completed counterfoils with cash or cheques payable to BERFC before 17 December please. This should be done via one of your Coaches, Admin or Manager.
2) Online at https://www.berfc.co.uk/payments/category/tickets where tickets are available in blocks of 10, 20 or 25. This link will be work until 12 noon on 17 December;
3) By posting completed counterfoils and cheque to me at: 4a Ridgeway Avenue, Barnet EN4 8TR;
4) At the Club where tickets are available from behind the Bar. This includes at the Quiz Night on Friday 24 November (tickets for which are also still available btw).
Thank you for your ongoing support of our Club and Merry Christmas when we get there!